Jog-Start-Stop(using only basic logic circuits)

Real

Joined Feb 17, 2008
Here is the condition:

o I can turn on and off the light using two momentary switch one is for "on" and the other is for "off".

o The other condition is the jog. Either the light is on or off still I can jog using the jog switch (the 3rd momentary switch).

Pls. help me with this problem.

The condition is press to on and release to off. My problem is that using basic logic gates is impossible but my instructor told me that still theres a solution.:(

My project only used one lamp or LED.....

My problem is in jog button because when i switch the jog the light will toggle due to the feedback that i input to OR gate.

My circuit is this:

From input1 or start, OR gate is connected to first pin of AND gate then load (Q1) then feedback to OR gate at other pin.
From input2 or stop, inverter is connected to AND gate the load (Q1).
From Input3 or Jog, OR gate is connected Load directly.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If the condition is press on and release off, then a momentary normally-open switch will satisfy it.

If your first post is accurate, then a flip-flop will do. One button sets, one resets, and the other clocks it for the jog.

Søren

Joined Sep 2, 2006
Hi,

o I can turn on and off the light using two momentary switch one is for "on" and the other is for "off".

o The other condition is the jog. Either the light is on or off still I can jog using the jog switch (the 3rd momentary switch).
I'm not too sure about what you term "jog", but if you mean toggling the state of the output while pressed, this should fit the bill:

Each of the inputs should be switched to "Common" (ground/0V) through a momentary action (push button) switch.

2 NAND gates and one EXNOR (which ought to be called NEXOR's really, to comply with the general naming convention) is used, the rest are just tied to one of the power rails (whichever is the most practical).

If that's not what you want, please describe your apprehension of the term "jog" which I only know as "to 'run' through several options" or as a jog-wheel on a VHS-recorder (or even the really weird physical activity performed by overweigth overbored and overly optimistic people who can't let go of the eighties :))

In short: How should the output behave when pressed and when released when the output is respective "1" and "0" before the "jog" press.

Hello me secret mover is originally real and James Sonroll account... I change my account because i forgot my password...

For my project, I'm very thankful that you help me solving those problem...

The toggle that I mean is when press is on and off if release.

The (1rst button)start and (2nd button)stop momentary button is easy to implement but the (3rd button)jog is hard to incorporate because it only use one light for 3 momentary buttons.

I hope you can do it!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hello me secret mover is originally real and James Sonroll account... I change my account because i forgot my password...

For my project, I'm very thankful that you help me solving those problem...

The toggle that I mean is when press is on and off if release.

The (1rst button)start and (2nd button)stop momentary button is easy to implement but the (3rd button)jog is hard to incorporate because it only use one light for 3 momentary buttons.

I hope you can do it!
Can I ask that you stop creating multiple accounts. If you loose your password you can reset it by reading the details here: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_lost_password

Thank you.

Dave