JK Flip Flops And Op Amp Circuit

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Mr Carlos,

I didn't throw any editors under the bus, yet. The schematic did not match the question. The LED never energizes, as drawn, so the simple answer is, the LED is de-energized and will never energize. The clock pulses could count to infinity and the LED will remain off.

If the professor "choose" the book, it is his responsibility to ensure the correctness of the material. Therein lies some due diligence.

The OP has already stated the schematic was from some past papers, which I am taking as tests, as that is a common "study guide". I understand that not every professor writes every test or creates every test question. Once again, once they "approve" the use, it becomes their baby.

I can tell you the U.S. FCC question pools become the baby of whoever uses them. You use them at your own risk, errors and all. I feel the same about all test questions, if your using it, it's your problem when things go awry.

This is one of those problems, where, the faults are pointed out and what is needed to correct those faults. That is all one can do, unless they know the name/email of the professor to further pursue the issue.

Yes, I've asked for the source of the material. I got my answer. The failure to exercise due diligence rests with the one who approved the use of that question. That means the individual professor, and not some Chair.

I fully agree with you that we have an opportunity to provide the author of the question the feedback necessary to correct his question. Whether the author chooses to take our feedback or ignore us is a future issue. I always have high hopes that feedback is taken as intended, to correct an error.

Last edited: