Jk f/f

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Welcome to AAC. Your topic did not sound like homework, so I moved it.

Unless the motor in question is like a cell phone vibrator, the flip flop probably can't handle the current to run it. Plus the limit switches can operate a realy to do the direction change on the motor.

Tell us more about the motor, like it's voltage and current, plus what it is doing.

kuxz2008

Joined Nov 16, 2009
u mean the jk f/f cnt operate using the 3v battery?
The motor i use is a tamiya motor.
The problem is like this, 1stly, the tamiya type car is moving forward. When the front microswitch of the car is activated, the car is supposed 2 move backward. Same 4 the back microswitch switch when activated will move forward. So hw do i use the jk f/f 2 complete the task above?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
u mean the jk f/f cnt operate using the 3v battery?
The motor i use is a tamiya motor.
The problem is like this, 1stly, the tamiya type car is moving forward. When the front microswitch of the car is activated, the car is supposed 2 move backward. Same 4 the back microswitch switch when activated will move forward. So hw do i use the jk f/f 2 complete the task above?
h mns tht th jk f/f cnt cndct enf A 2 rn t mtr. u nd a btr wy.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
In English, that means that logic elements can't supply motors directly. What things beside a flip flop can you use? Is this a school project?

As this is not a social site, we encourage posters to use full sentences and reasonably standard English.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You may be in luck. Digi-Key has a 3 volt latching relay in DPDT with 1 amp contacts. Part #255-1580-5 @ $6.64. I'll run up a schematic in a bit.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Okay, here is the schematic for the relay. It is a latching type, so the coil will change the contacts every time it has current through it. That will reverse the motor every time a microswitch bumps something.

Still have no real idea about the current the motor draws, but it has to be at least 10 times what the flip flop can supply.

The relay is meant to mount in a printed circuit board. Instead, you can use a bit of glue to attach it with the pins facing up on any convenient surface. Then you just run the wires directly to the pins. Hope you have a soldering iron.

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The commons of both microswitches are connected in parallel. Those terminals are the ones with the short line ending in an arrow, indicating the moving contact.

kuxz2008

Joined Nov 16, 2009
for eg.
when the front microswitch is activated, the car should be moving backwards. i would like to know if the microswitch is back to its original position, will the car when is moving backward will move forward again ?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
No. The motor will change its rotation whenever one of the microswitches is activated. That means when the common and NO contact gets made. If both are open, the motor will run in the same direction until something closes one of the switches.

kuxz2008

Joined Nov 16, 2009
other than using the relay, is it possible 2 use things like jk f/f?
If jk f/f is used, then wht additional coomponent must also be used so tht the motor will work?