JDM pic programmer help required

kh_hamzas

Joined Sep 10, 2012
For the following circuit of the JDM pic microcontroller programmer I need information about the PIC microcontroller pins which receive the RS232 signals and the timing diagram of the PIC processor when information is being downloaded into it through the RS232 link. I am really really desperate and I absoltely could not find anymore help on the internet for this:

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It is all in your schematic you just do not see it. How many pins has the PIC you plan to use. I can edit your drawing in order to show you how to decode it

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Maybe the programming specifications would help, search on google for:
pic16f628 programming specification site:microchip.com
It isn't the same for all PICs so choose the one you are interested in.

kh_hamzas

Joined Sep 10, 2012
It is all in your schematic you just do not see it. How many pins has the PIC you plan to use. I can edit your drawing in order to show you how to decode it
it would help, but to be more specific, i am looking for timing diagrams in which we can see the the signals as they go through rs232 and to the pins which are programming the pic 16f87x and/or eprom 24cxx series...

i am an uber noob at this and i cant really figure it out even after going through data sheets :( :(

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
it would help, but to be more specific, i am looking for timing diagrams in which we can see the the signals as they go through rs232 and to the pins which are programming the pic 16f87x and/or eprom 24cxx series...

i am an uber noob at this and i cant really figure it out even after going through data sheets :( :(
Microchip have some PDFs with the programming specification for the 16F series. But I have never seen any reason to go into that topic at all.
Get the datasheet from here http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/30292c.pdf
Look at the PIN DIAGRAM figure at page 4 and the figure in the upper right corner of the schematic. The blue line is named VPP/MCLR That shall go to pin1 (if your PIC is PDIP package). Next VDD and VCC you should be able to find out by your self. The PGD pin is pin28 and PGC is pin27. It is that simple