Java Android

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by arnavkumar, Nov 25, 2013.

1. arnavkumar

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I know core java and some advance java as well. I do not have android phone. But want to play android games like "tample run". Can I use android game to run and play in java if yes, how?

2. vpoko

Jan 5, 2012
    The Android SDK for Eclipse has an Android simulator. I don't know about its performance, though.

3. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    The emulator always seems quite slow to me but I haven't tested it's performance. I'm not sure how you would get an App into the emulator from the Play Store either

4. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I have been working on developing Android apps in Java using the Eclipse emulator. Unfortunately the emulator is really slow and is not reliable when it comes to full-speed things like games.

But perhaps this link will help: http://developer.android.com/tools/help/emulator.html

Good luck!
    Matt

5. arnavkumar

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    The only thing i am getting yet is "emulator is really slow and is not reliable". Is this only solution for me?

6. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I believe there are plugins you can install to speed it up. I'm afraid I can't think of what they're called off the top of my head, but a google search should turn up something.

7. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009