Jacuzzi ?

Bigcountry

Joined Jul 4, 2008
I am going to start off first to say I am new to Electronics/Electrical world. I would not try this but I was just thinking and wanted some expertise advise.

I saw this jacuzzi at Sam's Club and the guy said "I purchased 4 of these units for rental cabins. Because the are 110V they cannot maintain the temperature when in use during cold days. I WOULD NOT PURCHASE THESE IF I HAD IT TO DO OVER."

(http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=118410)

Is there way you could maybe step up the voltage to make it maintain the temperature during cold weather. Or would the price be to high just to buy a bigger one ? I think it can be done. But when you throw in the money issue of parts it might change the whole problem. I guess I am just getting my brain to think that way. But I would like to read some professional opinions. Until i get that far I will stick to my simple temperature monitoring problems. thanks for all the input.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The message that indicates that the heat comes from circulating water around the pump indicates why it won't get up to temp when it's cold out. The pump is rated at 1.5 horsepower, or around 1200 watts. That's not much to heat the water.

The only way to add heating capacity would require cutting the piping inside and adding a heater - not a trivial matter. Do like the indians and dump in some hot rocks.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
It might work in cooler weather if one insulated the heck out of it, including a new lid. Probably would not stay hot very long once the lid was off, though. The most economical solution would probably be a better tub to begin with.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P General Electronics Chat 4