I´ve been wrong

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
Yes - it seems that I´ve been wrong in my interpretation of the ToS as quoted below.

Terms of Service:
1. Appropriate conduct. Debates should be a civil activity and can be both enlightening and entertaining, but always keep discussion to the facts and the opinions. Ad hominem tactics and directed abuse are always "off-topic".

From this, one could derive that in AAC debates and discussions about facts and about (different) opinions are allowed .
But as I have experienced - this applies only in case all participants are of the same opinion. I am not sure if such a restriction will be to the benefit of those forum members who expect suitable and helpful answers to their questions.

The following collection of answers (excerpts) explains what I mean.
I got these instructions as a response to my answer (post#6) in the following thread

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=96102

Everybody may decide if my answer contains any abuse or something similar.

... critiquing other people explanations is not appropriate, look to your own explanations. ...There is almost never one right explanation.

Please avoid critiquing other people's explanation since it takes away from the positive experience.
(My comment: How much of a positive experience is it if somebody is given (partly) wrong information?)

you were being offensive, which on this site is not allowed

Again, if you want to participate you are allowed, but it needs to be on this forums terms, not yours.

People whose part of their online activity was to correct other members and ask for very detailed and precise discussions generally don't fit very well in this community.

So, it seems that I „don´t fit very well“ in the AAC community - and I will follow these advices.
Hence, I should leave the forum.
Bye Bye.
LvW

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I have comment errors in postings then members try to help, not that it happen very often. If it is done properly with a explanation of what you think is wrong. Not a member/moderator in this forum will lift an eyebrow over such a comment. I guess the video you din find questionable LvW is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB4rYwGr-y4 And to some extent I agree with you. That video shows a high input impedance differential amplifier. Not a true Instrumentation Amplifier setup. But this view was never brought into the discussion. And hence it ended as it did, with a pointless (at least for OP) debate. And that is why the thread got closed. I do really not hope this is the last we see of you LvW. But if it make you feel better take some time off this forum and came back then you feel better. The whole episode was just a storm in a glass of water, as I see it

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
One last sentence:
If somebody needs help on analog electronics (opamps, filters, oscillators) you can meet me on edaboard.com.
Thanks
LvW

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
And hence it ended as it did, with a pointless (at least for OP) debate.
I suppose, the OP was satisfied with the given help (my given link).

The whole episode was just a storm in a glass of water, as I see it
Yes - unfortunately, I must agree with you. However, did I start this storm?
I think, I have expressed my regret about a formulation that perhaps could be misunderstood. But this wasn´t enough.
Thanks for your post.

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
One heated instance should not make you want to leave.

We are technical people, and as such, are prone to limiting our scope and decisions to what we come up with first. We are also prone to miscommunicating with others.

LvW, you are a well contributing member and a knowledgeable person. If this is the end of your stay at AAC, thanks for your contributions, but I hope you'll just take some time off and come back with a fresh outlook.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Well said tshuck, I've had a look through the related thread and so you got a bit of a slap, happens to the best of us from time to time, get over it and come back stronger and wiser.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I suggest that LwV take a week off from AAC to clear the air.
He is welcomed to come back after he has taken a bit of fresh spring air.