Its graduation season. Will the new engineers please stand up

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
I just got my Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering degree a few weeks ago. Finally. Took many years and over 500 days of no sleep. Still waiting for my diploma in the mail. That piece of paper will be worth more than gold to me.

Who else just graduated? Dont be shy. Its your moment to be proud. Post graduation pictures too. All that stuff.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Congratulations! All the best to you and may you get your efforts back tenfold.

Last exams are in July here in Greece. The graduation ceremonies are for the end of June, so I guess I 'm due next year.

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
We haven't seem much of you lately. Does this mean you'll be here more or less?
Definitely more Bill. I will need lots of help from the Harmonics and three phase power experts on this site. I am trying to do research on my own, but this is not stuff that I was taught in school that much.

Can you reccomend any books on three phase power systems and harmonics due to non-linear loads?

I just got a job with a Power electronics company here in Pittsburgh. Its going to be analog and digital design and embedded programming. Going to be awesome fun.

I will post some pictures from my graduation once I get them. The photographer is taking a while. Anyway I am very proud to be an EE.

High five for most fun career ever. Except maybe secret ops agent for CIA. I should stop reading so much Tom Clancy.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Congrats again, on the job. I wanted to be an analog engineer, but I ended up in digital design. It's a good gig though.