It's all about money!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Taco shells in a America, who cares how they package it? It's only a few cents per box.

kv

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I just wanted to say, it makes me angry, every time one of my kids open the top of a box of Taco Shells. They purposely put the card board wedge designed to keep them from breaking at the top, it always ends up not back in and you break them, only to buy another box.

Nobody cares and they just keep packaging it the same way!

Since I have been remembering to turn them round at the point of opening the box, I don't loose them to breakage.

But, who cares anyway! I can't even create a decent argument, for a few broken shells.

Loved the skit. t06.

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
You can make your own taco shells by frying flour tortillas in a little oil and forming them however you like (while they cool). Home-made taco shells are surprisingly tasty.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Ok, after reading this Thread, I have an addiction to Mexican Food.

Really I do.

I should fry them myself, but I'm just to lazy, I'd rather be on AAC, sipping a cold one.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
That's what I think, but I did eat "Fried Tripe" Taco once. It was crunchy and didn't make you want to throw up, wasn't to bad.

Now'a day's I don't eat to many "Fatty Foods" I switched to eating egg whites too! It still makes me feel like it's the hole egg. Not much different, most different texture.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Once upon a time, the husband of a woman I worked with got stoned and kept repeating, "Let's go get some Menudo". Some years later, I ordered Menudo at a restaurant, just to find out what it was. It smelled exactly like the odor of a stock yard (where cows stand around in their own poop all day) except the taste was overwhelmed with cayenne pepper.

I expect it was as good as Menudo gets, because it was a really good restaurant. I hope the chef wasn't too offended at the fact that I couldn't eat something that smells like cow poop.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Once upon a time, the husband of a woman I worked with got stoned and kept repeating, "Let's go get some Menudo". Some years later, I ordered Menudo at a restaurant, just to find out what it was. It smelled exactly like the odor of a stock yard (where cows stand around in their own poop all day) except the taste was overwhelmed with cayenne pepper.

I expect it was as good as Menudo gets, because it was a really good restaurant. I hope the chef wasn't too offended at the fact that I couldn't eat something that smells like cow poop.
The sad part is most use "Pig" intestine, just thinking of it makes me want to spew.

I'll tell you nothing goes to waste in that culture.

I won't tell my Real Japanese Restaurant Experience. Barf.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
What's wrong with using stuff like intestines?

It is perfectly edible.

Too many people are removed from their food, 'meat' is a red steak, neatly cut and ready to cook.

Only problem is, is that there are so few steaks on an animal, yet the tongue, lungs, liver, stomach, etc etc are still perfectly edible.

As a student, I have found I can have a decent lunch on 55p. What is it? Tinned sardines. It's not the fish in the world, but it is a lot less than having a prime tuna steak.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I down loaded your recipe link from ETO. Going to try it. Thanks.
Make it the way you want, you can improvise. Mostly follow the seasoning and fillers, Potatoes, carrots, celery, and such. Salsa is of your choosing, don't add it. Let, the consumer add it. It's like not putting hardly any salt, it can be offensive to some people.

You Garnish with cilantro and lime.

Cheers,
kv

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
What's wrong with using stuff like intestines?

It is perfectly edible.

Too many people are removed from their food, 'meat' is a red steak, neatly cut and ready to cook.

Only problem is, is that there are so few steaks on an animal, yet the tongue, lungs, liver, stomach, etc etc are still perfectly edible.

As a student, I have found I can have a decent lunch on 55p. What is it? Tinned sardines. It's not the fish in the world, but it is a lot less than having a prime tuna steak.
Yep. One of the best "meaty" recipes around here is liver bits wrapped inside intestines, cooked over charcoal on a skewer. I think this one is outlawed by the EU, as a health hazard, but noone really has stopped cooking it.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010

When I was living in the philippines, we went out to a restaurant and were served some soup called pinapaitan. It smell like crap, literally. I tasted it, and it tasted like crap smells, plus some sort of bittering spice. I asked my father-in-law to explain what it was, and he said (paraphrased) it was soup made from goat, and they squeeze the last bit of the goat's small intestine contents into the soup. I asked, "so there's literally goat sh*t in this soup?" and he replied "yes." I said "well that explains the smell."

AFAIK the tripe used in menudo is at least washed and boiled to cleanse it of it's former unsavory contents. It takes dedication to go back and intentionally add sh*t to soup.