Is this prodigy the next Steve jobs?

mitko89

Joined Sep 20, 2012
Some would not agree with me, but mr. Jobs was a great businessman, not a great enigneer. Comparing smart kids with him is meaningless to me. When I see a kid like this I always think of the following: "Will he keep his passion?", "Is it really his passion or he just got inspired and got the things going?"

Last edited:

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
It's funny, I remember having a discussion in one of my last maths classes in school about child prodigies.

Basically, we talking about how it seems to be that there is a great interest and wide exposure for such prodigies, but once that has fizzled out, we rarely hear about them again. However, those who perhaps were not 'prodigies' in their very young years become household names.

I can't remember what conclusion we came to, but we thought about the pressures involved, possible lack of interaction with other young kids, natural talent as opposed to hard graft, etc. I think it was started after someone mentioned a 12 year old who was/had been studying maths at Cambridge.

Sparky

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
isnt it kind of like the old saying that you need to get a 5 year old to set the clock on your vcr? got started somehow, and just keeps on going. there are people with interests that are encouraged, and resources made available at a young age which appear to be so much smarter than others, but it is what you do with your intelegence that really counts.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Someone did a study of managing directors (CEO's) and found their average IQ to be about 112, IIRC.

The point being that to be good in business, you need the social skills that are often missing in prodigies, actually very few "geniuses" become millionaires. There has been work done on developing Emotional Intelligence (EI or EQ) tests to attempt to discriminate been the average person and "the next Steve Jobs"