Is this PCB correct ?

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
If upload it with an online virus scan it would be ok ? I had those airwires, i pressed something, they disappeared. The best thing i should do is remake the entire board.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I am a brazilian, could you explain better what you meant in the third note ?
I assume your HT12E is a 18-pin DIP package. Use that foot print which will already have 18 pads of suitable size.

Small pads will break off easily if too much soldering heat is applied. Larger pads are more secure.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You had several no connections and near connections in the schematic. I fixed just those. The rest of the ERC warnings had to do with no values.

On your board, you forgot to name the pour ("ratsnest") GND. Use the name command to do that. I did that for you. I also added thermals. You can remove them by using the "I" button and dialog.

It appears you may have changed your grid, either intentionally or unintentionally, while making the schematic. The usual effect of that is wires that are close, but not connected.. So, I snapped all components to a grid of 0.1" and 0.01" (i.e., 100 mil). Then I used the "net" command to remake the connections. The net button is the one on the right:
upload_2015-4-14_11-56-3.png

I would recommend using the "net" button. instead of the wire button in the future.
John

Attachments

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
Oh thanks so much john and mrchips and everyone else, i think i got it right now, ground plane done, everything smooth, i'll post the result in a day or two of the receiver board also, thanks a looooooooot :)

André Ferrato

Joined Apr 5, 2015
I returned with the design i intend to print of the transmitter. Is it correct now ? I increased the size of the pads, and remade the board.
http://i.imgur.com/sG8iHAy.png

One thing i should ask, i put a 0.1uF capacitor for filtering purposes for each IC, is that correct ? And are they're placed correctly in the circuit ?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I returned with the design i intend to print of the transmitter. Is it correct now ? I increased the size of the pads, and remade the board.
http://i.imgur.com/sG8iHAy.png

One thing i should ask, i put a 0.1uF capacitor for filtering purposes for each IC, is that correct ? And are they're placed correctly in the circuit ?
Where's the actual design? It looks like you enlarged every pad EXCEPT the ones for the IC, which were the important ones.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There may be nothing wrong with your layout but I will show you what I would do differently.
But that will have to wait for maybe another day or so. I can't do it now.