Is There Such

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello again

Thanks Again for All the help.

Would it be possible, when you can wayneh, show me a complete circuit including Bill`s fig. 10.4 so that I can see if I can put it together?

So to repeat my wish list. I have a electronics123.com sound card that has a file downloaded into it of a huey helicopter`s main motor starting up. I would like to use a small DC brushed motor; 3-5v 1A max so that as the sound of the motor speeds up the dc motor will spin a little faster. All this but not have the sound playback be affected. IT would run off of the main battery through a reg. for it.

I need to see how ALL parts / sections are connected as well. What ohms speaker value etc.

Thanks Again for ALL the Help.

George

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
What is the V of main battery? If it's in a reasonable range, around 7.5V, I'd rather use it for the motor because at 5 V, PWM is really sluggish below 50% on my 1A motor. IS there a load on the motor?

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hi Bernard

My main battery is 7.2v to a max. of 7.4v. The load on the motor is hard to determine, from the drive gear setup for the main and tail rotor, I would guestimate 300mA approximately but I would err on the higher side max. of 750mA.

George

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
One version of motor driver: Operating motor with 6 AA NiMh cells for about 7.3 V, logic at 5V. Started without 200 μF using diode for spark supression, dooable as motor is not run in reverse. Motor starts at about 14% duty, adding C, duty down to 10% to start & really winds up at 90%. I used a D1326 because I had some, 8A, 60V, gain 2000, insulated case.mounted on small heat sink which never got warm.

Attachments

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hi Bernard

Thanks for the circuit. Question, what is Ub1? Also D1326 is that a 2SD1326?

How do I hookup the output / sound from my sound board to this circuit so that I hear the sound and have the motor`s speed controlled by that sound at the same time?

George

The sound board is from electronics123.com. Also if wired correctly, by me, the motor should ONLY turn in one direction ONLY.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Re look at post 15 for U1b. D1326 is a medium power NPN darlington, similar to TIP120 @ lower gain, or NTE2336 = or better gain. A logic level MOSFET would be my first choice as in Bill's blog fig 10.4, but I did not have one to play with. Wish we knew what the output of the sound card looked like.