is there free C Compiler

sk8ergirl

Joined Jan 22, 2014
I'm new to c programming and microchip and I have microchip mplab project (extension (.mcp) for PIC24). the instructor give us two link to download the software one for the mblap and the other for the compiler. the problem is that I can't use the compiler for the circuit when I open the mblap this is my debug window
http://s18.postimg.org/n4z4a84yx/Untitled.png

I don't know if I'm missing something or I could't find the circuit .. how to open the circuit is there free C Compiler
I'm using windows 8

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Those tools are hardware devices, not compilers.

Have you tried building your code? If that works, you have a compiler installed...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Are you thinking of something like Proteus or Multisim?

MPLAB might have a small GUI to show I/O directions, but it won't have information regarding a whole circuit.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
What's wrong with C30? The student version is reasonably ok... I know there is no optimisation but it can compile quite a large program!!

Ok! I understand... You can check your I/O's in MPLAB... you need to read about the stimulus window for your input.

You won't see a circuit just the register conditions....

sk8ergirl

Joined Jan 22, 2014
What's wrong with C30? The student version is reasonably ok... I know there is no optimisation but it can compile quite a large program!!

Ok! I understand... You can check your I/O's in MPLAB... you need to read about the stimulus window for your input.

You won't see a circuit just the register conditions....
ahh okay thank you