Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This year's election may turn out to be brexit 2.0 - returning the power to the people and a complete repudiation of s corrupt institution.

That would be exciting.
I like that idea, but it mostly doesn't matter who is POTUS. (That's why neither party offered a viable candidate.)
No matter which one wins the election, the government will go on, business as usual, because We The People are irrelevant to our government. We The People will not be sucked into the power vacuum when the President is irrelevant, too.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
His statement still looks bad ... but even worse than that was his comment: "everyone does it" when he talked about infidelity ... that's idiotic and disappointing
Yep, It's like the three musketeers.
Rudy announces his divorce in the media instead of his wife and kids. Screwed around on all 3 of them.
Newt gets in a fight with one while she's in the hospital after surgery and gets spanked by the ethics committee for screwing around on the rest.
Then there's Trump who takes his mistress along when he takes his wife on vacation. What a guy.
Takes a big set to pick on H for Bill's indiscretions.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
He is an interesting guy.
I keep thinking back to when he said break Iraq into 3 countries. It's starting to look a lot like that now.
A two or three state reformat was already the conclusion of a CNN interviewee (I don't remember who) during the first gulf war if GB 41 would have let Schwarzkopf take Iraq. The biggest concern was that Iran would have had a field day assimilating one of the three states shortly after the breakup.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
A two or three state reformat was already the conclusion of a CNN interviewee (I don't remember who) during the first gulf war if GB 41 would have let Schwarzkopf take Iraq. The biggest concern was that Iran would have had a field day assimilating one of the three states shortly after the breakup.
The Sunni's seem to have drawn the short straw in more ways than one.
I didn't know there was a thought during the first gulf war of a breakup just that they didn't know what they would do with it afterward.
The Kurds make everyone nervous. Must be mean mudders.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Now being investigated for soliciting money from others without the proper certification.
The Democrat Attorney General of New York ... in an election year ... is investigating an OPFOR's foundation. Naw, nothing fishy about that. Just like there was nothing fishy about the IRS target list of 501-C(x).

Nothing to worry about, the foundation cease donations in NY for the duration of the investigation. Maybe NY AG should be held accountable for the donations lost when they clear the foundation.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Biden on Trump: 'He's not a bad man, but his ignorance is so profound'
My favorite Joe Biden video is when he was chair of the judiciary committee during the Clarenence Thomas Hearings, was Sen Ted Kennedy whispering something to Joe who then asked Thomas a question. This was during the Anita Hill portion of the hearings. I thought yeah, Ted Kennedy who in the palm beach rape case of his nephew, said essentially that his womanizing was a bad influence on his nephews.

Irony at it's best.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
So is disrespecting someone in uniform assigned to the White House. Oh wait, she was the First Lady at the time.
Trump managed to...

Get deferments for the draft (four for college one for bad feet). He couldn't remember which foot it was in a recent interview.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/donald-trump-draft-record.html?_r=0

Trump claimed his military school high school was a fine substitute to serving in the army.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/09/u...is-schooling-to-military-service-in-book.html

Says McCain was not a hero.

Slams parents of dead Muslim soldier because the mother decided not to speak at the DNC in Philly.

Claims soldiers get PTSD and commit suicide because "they can't handle it."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/politics/donald-trump-ptsd-suicide/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/opinions/trump-comment-veterans-suicide-ptsd-bryan/index.html

He skipped a Republican primary debate in January 2016 and claimed to raise $5.6M for veterans instead - nobody can find any sign of a donation. Finally, the trump organization comes out with a bunch of recipts for donations made in May 2016 - months after the debate totaling less than $1.5M. The donations came from the Trump Foundation, not from Trump. Trump hasn't pushed any money into the Trump Foundation since 2008.

Summary: Trump treats military people like crap. When he claims credit for treating veterans well, he does it with other people's money.

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I didn't know there was a thought during the first gulf war of a breakup just that they didn't know what they would do with it afterward.
There was no publicly released plan, it was just the interviewee's natural thought flow that it was the only clear option if the country was taken over. It seemed so natural to him. Once GWB 43 invaded Iraq, I just thought that would be the natural flow since I always remembered the CNN interview.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
On just how corrupt the system is, additional hacked documents from dnc are being released today, for anyone to check out.

The defense so far has been exclusively on who hacked the documents, not the content of Such documents.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
On just how corrupt the system is, additional hacked documents from dnc are being released today, for anyone to check out.

The defense so far has been exclusively on who hacked the documents, not the content of Such documents.
Check again, the 3am Eastern Time press release was Wikileaks celebrating their anniversary - Julian made use of the Trump-esque methodology to imply he was releasing documents and turned the event into an infomercial for wikileaks - just like Trumps Old Post Office hotel press conference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.