Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
unlikely to fly for general legal charges against US based crimes or activities by citizens
What I hear you saying is that there is at least one hurdle left before the Constitution is completely worthless.
I think the margin is too thin already. If it was still illegal to spy on the citizens we wouldn't need to worry about that one last technicality which might save some people from the All Powerful Eye of Sauron.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
What I hear you saying is that there is at least one hurdle left before the Constitution is completely worthless.
I think the margin is too thin already. If it was still illegal to spy on the citizens we wouldn't need to worry about that one last technicality which might save some people from the All Powerful Eye of Sauron.
I think it sprouted out of 9/11. Does it work? Who knows?
But I think we have seen that there are a lot of people afraid since then.
Edit:
What do you think about a Muslim registry?

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It's never been illegal to spy on the citizens if you have a warrant. What we have today is a FISA star-chamber court that issues warrants as a cover for extra-constitutional surveillance. It's a fig-leaf that pre-dates 9/11 and was created during the Carter era (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA)). The NSA is a military operation headed by an active duty military officer that in the old days had policies to Minimize strictly US communications. Hopefully this is still what's happening.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Afraid of, "terrorists" or afraid of our government?
Probably some of each, on a graph comparing the variables to IQ.;)
Hee hee . Trick question.:D
I think the patriot act was spawned due to fear of terrorists.
The Government has been working on us a lot longer.
But out of curiosity what do you think about the edit I made.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

Joined Nov 30, 2010
More Security Theater. As morally wrong as the Japanese Internment Camps. As impssible as trying to maintain a running copy of the Internet and pretending it can be sorted quickly enough and well enough to find 10 people in a country of 300 million. As ineffective as the TSA.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I think it would be about as effective as a gun registry, in other words zero percent effective in solving the intended problem but very effective in harming the rights of a targeted group in the most unfair way possible.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
They have an app now to let you know when Trump tweets about a company so you can buy or sell stocks based on them.
Golden opportunity!:rolleyes:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Trump will soon get the ultimate honor as President.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/20286

Other notables include the wax head of Mark Twain (which I guess was included because he was American) and an absolutely terrifying cardboard photo cutout of Hillary Clinton. True, Senator Clinton has definitely played a part in past and present Presidential happenings, but that's no reason to put up a giant image of her looking like she's trying to figure out the best way to eat your brain.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Wow, another investigation. Gonna need a scorecard.
Wonder what Manaforts doing tonight?
Maybe we will find out in tomorrows tweets.:)
upload_2017-1-13_20-14-39.jpeg

Only 1 week to go! It's getting short. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.