Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
When he lies to Congress under oath like Clapper then the supreme leader will earn the title of 'Prevaricator in chief'. So now he's just Trump the lesser, honors are earned not given.
Somehow it seems worse when Trump lies to me than when Clapper avoided a question he could just refused to answer.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Yes, the president(-elect) has meetings the press doesn't and shouldn't know about. The press doesn't have evil superpowers.
Then he should hold those meetings in a more secure building. Like maybe he could go to the CIA instead of having them come to Trump Tower. Then the press would not be surprised about seeing CIA guys hanging around.:rolleyes:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Every president lies. Do you think Kennedy was truthful?

The reality is the president is briefed on a multitude of issues you or I don't have the NEED to know.

There are two parts to access, the clearance and the NEED. Both are required to gain access.

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008

The reality is the president is briefed on a multitude of issues you or I don't have the NEED to know.

There are two parts to access, the clearance and the NEED. Both are required to gain access.
When you hold your meetings in a public place you have no expectation of privacy.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008

I kind of liked Kennedy, but I must admit I was chasing girls then so don't know much about his lies except that he liked to chase girls to.:D

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Then he should hold those meetings in a more secure building. Like maybe he could go to the CIA instead of having them come to Trump Tower. Then the press would not be surprised about seeing CIA guys hanging around.:rolleyes:
Do you really think the CIA couldn't get into Trump Tower if they were pre-authorized for access without the press noticing? :rolleyes:

I see that now that Obama and the 'I' guys are opening up the treasure room to just about anyone. Very bad news for personal privacy and security.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/12/...to-share-intercepted-communications.html?_r=0
WASHINGTON — In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.

The new rules significantly relax longstanding limits on what the N.S.A. may do with the information gathered by its most powerful surveillance operations, which are largely unregulated by American wiretapping laws. These include collecting satellite transmissions, phone calls and emails that cross network switches abroad, and messages between people abroad that cross domestic network switches.
Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch signed the new rules, permitting the N.S.A. to disseminate “raw signals intelligence information,” on Jan. 3, after the director of national intelligence, James R. Clapper Jr., signed them on Dec. 15, according to a 23-page, largely declassified copy of the procedures.
Previously, the N.S.A. filtered information before sharing intercepted communications with another agency, like the C.I.A. or the intelligence branches of the F.B.I. and the Drug Enforcement Administration. The N.S.A.’s analysts passed on only information they deemed pertinent, screening out the identities of innocent people and irrelevant personal information.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Somehow it seems worse
To you, Clapper makes Trump look like a rank amateur but Clapper should be an expert at lying because that's a major part of his job.
I think that Jim Clapper himself would acknowledge, and has acknowledged, that he should have been more careful about how he responded,” Obama told CNN in an interview that aired Friday. “His concern was that he had a classified program that he couldn’t talk about, and he was in an open hearing in which he was asked, he was prompted to disclose a program, and so he felt he was caught between a rock and a hard place.”
From the NY Times:
This was not, by the way, the first time data-collection came up at a Senate hearing. At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in July 2006, then-Attorney General Alberto Gonzales was asked whether the government had accumulated large amounts of data on Americans’ routine phone calls. “The programs and activities you ask about, to the extent that they exist, would be highly classified,” Mr. Gonzales said.

You have to wonder about giving a position of vast responsibility to someone who can beat Mr. Gonzales in dishonesty.
Eric Holder made Alberto look pretty good, too.

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008

CNN surrenders. This is another Trump win, no?

I'm not tired of winning yet. In fact, this is great fun so far.
Well, bad news. There's 100 Senators that just finished reading the same 2 pages.
Sorry to be a wet blanket.:D
Edit: Watching CNN gloat now. Sometimes it just takes a little time for the facts to trickle in.:eek:

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
To you, Clapper makes Trump look like a rank amateur but Clapper should be an expert at lying because that's a major part of his job.

From the NY Times:

Eric Holder made Alberto look pretty good, too.
Sure, and I can find you another quote that says he was thinking about another program. What difference did it make?
Your trying to equate a slip up to an out right lie.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The new rules significantly relax longstanding limits on what the N.S.A. may do with the information gathered by its most powerful surveillance operations, which are largely unregulated by American wiretapping laws.

Interesting thought caused by these two statements on one page.
How about we restrict the 17 intelligence agencies to what they need to know, which doesn't include everybody's phone calls, emails, Internet activity, location of license plates, library books checked out, grocery lists, etc. The government is supposed to work for us, not spy on us.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The new rules significantly relax longstanding limits on what the N.S.A. may do with the information gathered by its most powerful surveillance operations, which are largely unregulated by American wiretapping laws.

Interesting thought caused by these two statements on one page.
How about we restrict the 17 intelligence agencies to what they need to know, which doesn't include everybody's phone calls, emails, Internet activity, location of license plates, library books checked out, grocery lists, etc. The government is supposed to work for us, not spy on us.
While I think the NSA rule change is wrong the data sharing has been going on for years but under the pretext of not to be used for law enforcement or as evidence in a legal case because the source material is extra-constitutional when directed at solely US based internal communications. There are many ways around this restriction for intelligence work but it's unlikely to fly for general legal charges against US based crimes or activities by citizens unless they find a "parallel construction" for laundering intelligence to bypass the Constitution.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-dea-sod-idUSBRE97409R20130805

Status
Not open for further replies.