Is there a software that simplify mathematical expressions?

Michael George

Joined Feb 8, 2015
When I work with circuits that contains some capacitors, inductors and resistors and the supply is AC, I get long mathematical expressions and I have to do many calculations and many steps.
I would like to use an online website or a free software that is able to simplify these expressions. I need the software to support complex numbers or square root of (-1).

To clarify what I need, Here is a quick example:
I need the software to expand this expression (R1 - i * Xc) * (R2 + R3) to this expression
R1*R2 + R1*R3 - i*Xc*R2 - i*Xc*R3

Also, It is better if the software supports ratios.

I would be grateful if you give me a link or a software,
Thank you very much,

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
When I work with circuits that contains some capacitors, inductors and resistors and the supply is AC, I get long mathematical expressions and I have to do many calculations and many steps.
I would like to use an online website or a free software that is able to simplify these expressions. I need the software to support complex numbers or square root of (-1).

I need the software to expand this expression (R1 - i * Xc) * (R2 + R3) to this expression

Thank you very much,

WolframAlpha.com

Will do it. You cannot have variables with two characters so change R1, R2 and R3 to a, b and c. Xc to x.

Just plug formula into search bar and it will solve for you.

image.jpg

anhnha

Joined Apr 19, 2012

Thank you very much,
These things can be done easily in Mathematica or Maple.