Is the LT3757 the correct IC for this application?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by mmcap, Mar 21, 2012.

1. mmcap

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    I am trying to design a constant current power supply with Vin 12V nominal (10V-16V at input) that will deliver 25.65 volts Vout at 2.8 amps. This is purely for a personal project, not any kind of assignment. I think the LT3757 IC sounds like it will do the job based on the data parameters but the datasheet does not give a diagram for typical use in the SEPIC converter application section. I have a fairly firm grasp of electrical circuits and electronics in general but I need a little help with the specifics of resistor and capacitor placement and circuit topology. This doesn’t sound like it would be extremely difficult to design if I had a diagram to reference. Does anyone know of a place I could find a reference diagram for this kind of application. The LT3757 datasheet gives instructions on calculating values so just a little help with placement and topology would be great!
  2. k7elp60

Nov 4, 2008
    I think you have made a selecton of the right IC. Have you gone to the Linear Technology website. Sometimes they have PCB layouts and sometimes kits available for some of their IC's