Is that ok !

blowouter

Joined Sep 28, 2012
i simulate in proteus a digital clock project using 7490 ic , the seconds is ok but the minutes is not sixty exactly it's 75 seconds i think my circuit is ok but is that error in circuit or in proteus
thanks in advance.

blowouter

Joined Sep 28, 2012
i think i find it i measure time in proteus and my phone stopwatch and find the program delayed by approx 15 seconds . i think this is may happen in simulation in programs
thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i think i find it i measure time in proteus and my phone stopwatch and find the program delayed by approx 15 seconds . i think this is may happen in simulation in programs
thanks
Are you expecting your simulation to run in real time? I suppose a simulator could attempt to do that (I have no idea if Proteus can or does), but most simulators run as fast as their algorithms will allow and then plot the results as a function of time. Sometimes they run faster than real time, but usually they run slower. It depends on the complexity of the circuit and the models involved. When I was designing IC's, there were times that we had to let a simulation run for over a week in order to simulate just a few milliseconds of actual operation.