Is something like this even possible

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
There is enough brain power on this site to light up a lamp...
Ohh Yes!!! And Ima stay faithfull to AAC for the next 40 years!:)

Not only that I learn too much here but also get the courage to work harder myself to get better and better.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The way the question was first put says, if the car is alone, and therefore has nothing at its rear, it can not light up, and if the car is in contact with another car at its rear, it can not light up. Therefore, it can not ever light up.

Took a while, but my mind boils these things down after I've walked away and (apparently) decided to ignore the problem.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
The way the question was first put says, if the car is alone, and therefore has nothing at its rear, it can not light up, and if the car is in contact with another car at its rear, it can not light up. Therefore, it can not ever light up.

Took a while, but my mind boils these things down after I've walked away and (apparently) decided to ignore the problem.
Yes, but in the context of the new information he provided, that lone round now represents a misfire...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes, but in the context of the new information he provided, that lone round now represents a misfire...
Yeahbut? I don't keep re-analysing the same problem while the requirements continuously change. I did walk away and decide to ignore this. It is unlikely that I will make a second attempt.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Yeahbut? I don't keep re-analysing the same problem while the requirements continuously change. I did walk away and decide to ignore this. It is unlikely that I will make a second attempt.
There is not much left to analyze now. Obviously each round is fused...probably a percussion fuse or something. The detonation of the previous round ignites the fuse of the next.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
Not the way I saw it but everyone is different.

jjanes

Joined Aug 2, 2010
No it was not a percussive fuse the trigger was pressed and an electrical current was passed through each cartridge with the final firing. They showed a video and it showed current going into the cartridge detonating the cartridge and then the following cartridge would then fire in the same way current would go into the cartridge and ignite that shell. I think what you meant by lone round I actually meant to describe a bullet that had been fired there is no casing to expel aftward the entire object was shot out as the projectile.

It was almost like they had a resistor built into the igniter section of the shell and becasue the current had nowhere lese to go the last resistor heated to a point that it ignited the shell while the others also had the resistor but also the parallel path for the current to go so the resistor would not heat as much and then as the parallel circuit path gets removed due to the shell leaving the circuit that resistor heats up and ignites. Does that make any kind of sense.

If it were indeed setup that way would the last resistor heat up first or would they all heat up equally.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
No it was not a percussive fuse the trigger was pressed and an electrical current was passed through each cartridge with the final firing. They showed a video and it showed current going into the cartridge detonating the cartridge and then the following cartridge would then fire in the same way current would go into the cartridge and ignite that shell. I think what you meant by lone round I actually meant to describe a bullet that had been fired there is no casing to expel aftward the entire object was shot out as the projectile.

It was almost like they had a resistor built into the igniter section of the shell and becasue the current had nowhere lese to go the last resistor heated to a point that it ignited the shell while the others also had the resistor but also the parallel path for the current to go so the resistor would not heat as much and then as the parallel circuit path gets removed due to the shell leaving the circuit that resistor heats up and ignites. Does that make any kind of sense.

If it were indeed setup that way would the last resistor heat up first or would they all heat up equally.
Unless the time between ignition was shorter than the time it take for light to travel the distance between the rounds, no, I don't think that is a good explanation.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Notice that they said the firing mechanism sends "a series" of pulses down the preloaded magazine. So either the shells or the magazine only has to identify what the front round it and fire it each time a pulse arrives.

It appears that the signal does not go up through the shells until the reach the end shell. The magazine has electrical contacts (and later inductive coils) to each round and the signal is simply channeled to the desired round.

Note that the company has been so wildly successful with their wonderful technoligy that is so powerful and accurate that it can obliterate any enemy that they have just gone into administration. Maybe there's something that the Discovery folks forgot to mention.