Is my Stepper motor hardware setup right?

Guinness

Joined Dec 31, 2009
Hi,
I have attached what I have for the hardware side of my stepper motor control. Just wanted to check that the values of the components are correct and I don't blow the PIC. I only have 2 of them!

Just to point out that R2 is there so I can use the ICSP function, I havn't shown the input pins from the programmer as the clock and data pins are not being used in circuit anyway.

I got the values for most of the components from typical values on the data sheet.

The 24v Input is from a switch mode power supply.

I know there are other circuits out there already done which I could copy, but I learn best by making circuits myself.

Edit: Schematic was done in Eagle, but attached file shows as empty! If no-one else can see it either then please delete thread as its no use without drawing.

Attachments

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Not everybody has eagle software.
Please attach the schematic in .png format (that is better as .jpg for schematics).
I do not know if there is an export possebility, as I do not have eagle.
A screenshot could also work.

Bertus

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Just to check, they are not in the schematic, you are going to add .1uF caps across Vdd to GND on the pic?

As for the the driver, all appears well. It is up to your code now.

Guinness

Joined Dec 31, 2009
Just to check, they are not in the schematic, you are going to add .1uF caps across Vdd to GND on the pic?
Ahh yes I had forgot about that, cheers.

I have started on the code, hopefully will have it done by tommorrow. I have only in the last week got a book on programming in embedded C.

It is a lot easier than I thought it would be, so hopefully the code should be for the most part, OK! :)

Maybe just a few tweaks needed.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Well its a good thing you have the motivation about you. Dont let setbacks slap that down. (They WILL happen) Also, there is a lot of help to be had here and with google.

Guinness

Joined Dec 31, 2009
I have managed to write the code, didnt take as long as I thought it would. Its just a simple program to make the motor turn once every second.

edit: I have deleted the code from here and placed it in an appropriate thread on the programmers forum
Link here http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=36957

Please have a look and comment any usefull information.

Cheers.

Last edited: