Is it ok to:

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nbw, May 24, 2011.

1. nbw

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2011
    Just a quick question, mainly of the regulars here. Is it ok to post a thread somewhere where I can share my electronics cartoons with folks here?

I had an external link in my signature to a gallery of them but it was banned... I think someone complained to the moderators thinking I was going to start spamming folks, trying to flog V1@gra or something LOL :D

Cheers!
    Barney Ohmart

p.s. has anyone heard when the Apocalypse is next due?!!?

2. DumboFixer

Feb 10, 2009
    I think they've revised the date to Oct 21st

3. nbw

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2011
    Oh bother, I was trying to further delay doing my tax return and cleaning the shower. I don't think the shower can wait that long.

4. jegues

Sep 13, 2010
    I just finished looking through you album of cartoons and they are pretty entertaining!

Please make more!

5. radiohead

May 28, 2009
    They had to postpone the rapture until after the American Idol finals.

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I don't see any problem with doing it in the off topic area, it is what it is for.

7. nbw

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2011
    cheers and thanks!

I've been doing them for a while and thought it was about time I shared them so here I am.

There are about another 60 in my catalogue so far, so yes - if I'm permitted to show them here I will :)

8. nbw

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2011
    Sounds good, I will add a little thread there for folks who want to drop by and have a laugh, before Oct 21 rolls around :)

9. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    A breathe of freash air . Good cartoons,now make them move.

10. nbw

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2011
    cheers!
    It'd be great to learn how to make moving versions, I'll save that for a rainy day or 300 when the kids give me some peace and quiet :)

One of the things I remember from my first four or five cartoons (I've started posting these in a separate thread in Off-Topic) is how a work colleague thought they were "probably funny to some people, but they all seemed electronically biased". She didn't laugh when I said - "Biased! You get it, trans-sister!"

:D

11. steveb

Jul 3, 2008
  12. nbw

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2011
    @Steve - I can already imagine that in my head! A little LM358, with a nice drink as you say, complete with little umbrella, maybe a cherry. Laid back by the pool, with lots of little capacitors in the pool using ferrite rings as inflation devices. Maybe a couple of flirty little TO92 transistors in swimsuits, reading the latest electronics magazines.

:)

Barney