Is it me or H - bridge

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I just couldn't help but bring something into attention.
This week Sgt hands will be tied with H-Bridges :D
I'm seeing H-Bridge every where.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I do not even know why people bother making their own H-Bridges when H-Bridge IC's are so widely available..... it would sure save sarge a lot of time :)

B. Morse

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I do not even know why people bother making their own H-Bridges when H-Bridge IC's are so widely available..... it would sure save sarge a lot of time :)

B. Morse
Oh !!jeeeez.. I think we better give out H-Bridges to help Sgt :D

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
For most H-Bridge applications, there is the LMD18201T with out current sense, an there is the LMD18200T that has current sensing.... these h-bridges are so easy to use and all you need are a couple of 0.1uf caps for the charge pump, hardly any external components to clutter up the circuit....

B. Morse

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
hey ..i am wondering do I need them LMD18200T to drive my nema steppers for the engraver.
No, those are just single h-Bridges, you would have to use 2 for a 4 wire bipolar stepper.... what you would need is a dual h-bridge/stepper driver IC

Allegro has quite a variety of these IC's check out their site and see what they have that you may be able to use, and they give out samples!!

here is their line of DC / Bipolar stepper motor driver IC's >> http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Categories/ICs/motor.asp#fullbridge

Here is their line of unipolar stepper drivers >>http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Prod...or_Drivers/Stepper_Motor_Unipolar_Drivers.asp
B. Morse

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
samples !!! :D
Gimme some no.s ....
I luv samples... I can have an excuse to yell at the custom officers.
Besides why buy when you can have em for free.....

U said Nema 32 right? so just give me the part no that I will need, since you have made it, I don't have to do my homework :p.
I am thinking of placing an order on the steppers

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
samples !!! :D
Gimme some no.s ....
I luv samples... I can have an excuse to yell at the custom officers.
Besides why buy when you can have em for free.....

U said Nema 32 right? so just give me the part no that I will need, since you have made it, I don't have to do my homework :p.
I am thinking of placing an order on the steppers

Nema 23..... I used the UDN2998W which I believe is obsolete, I will have to see if they have a recommended replacement...

B. Morse

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
What do you say to these.

just checking.
Since I really donno how these things prices vary.

Motors look good, but the controller card is basically just an optically isolated parallel port interface, no stepper controllers built in, the PC would have to do all the stepping and controlling....

B. Morse

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
AAAH!! see that's the type of advice or info that I would need. It's a good thing I asked.
Thanks friend.