IRF630 maker logo ID

pseudobug

Joined Mar 6, 2013
Hello all, I'm trying to ID this IRF640 MOSFET manufacturer so that I can try to match its specs.

Although, seeing as the part failed, perhaps I shouldn't match? I'm too much of a noob to know which part would be better, but I'll keep trying to learn. This is a bit of a learn-as-I-go troubleshooting project for fun.

The device it came from is a DC to AC power inverter(auto use) made in china, so perhaps it's an obscure china mfr or knockoff?

If I can't find it's datasheet, what's the best way to determine replacement specs? There are several variations from different manufacturers. (I realize the answer for the question is probably complex and completely related to the circuit, etc, but I figure I'd ask anyway).

Thanks!!

Attachments

All of the variations from the different manufacturers should have similar specifications to the manufacturer of your part. All should be 200V and 9A for IRF630 and should be pin compatible.

I am not familiar with that manufacturer symbol.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Hello all, I'm trying to ID this IRF640 MOSFET manufacturer so that I can try to match its specs.

Although, seeing as the part failed, perhaps I shouldn't match? I'm too much of a noob to know which part would be better, but I'll keep trying to learn. This is a bit of a learn-as-I-go troubleshooting project for fun.

The device it came from is a DC to AC power inverter(auto use) made in china, so perhaps it's an obscure china mfr or knockoff?

If I can't find it's datasheet, what's the best way to determine replacement specs? There are several variations from different manufacturers. (I realize the answer for the question is probably complex and completely related to the circuit, etc, but I figure I'd ask anyway).

Thanks!!
Interesting:
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=irf630&stock=1
Here's Digikey. Some (1-TO220) have 300mohm on resistance with slightly higher current rating vs others withh 400mohm on resistance,
Lower on-resistance means less heat dissipation, possible longer life.

pseudobug

Joined Mar 6, 2013
@tubeguy

That is exactly where I was looking and noticed those specific variations.

Also the input capacitance varies. Trying to learn what all this means, but I'm too much of a noob to know if it would make any difference in this circuit.

I can see the higher wattage rating that comes with the lower 300mohm resistance being desirable for longevity. The input capacitance is 575pf vs 800pf or 700pf for some of the others.