Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by hosam171, Jul 1, 2010.

1. hosam171

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    hi i am studying electrical engineer and i am in final year,
    my final project is about operating a three phase induction motor using single phase AC,
    my contain three steps first AC source 220v to 220v DC using rectifier then making a variable DC voltage (0-220v)
    using a buck converter the previous parts works fine but the big problem is how
    to invert single phase dc to three phae voltage i search in my country
    and i found an IC called IR2130 which helps me and i found an application and in it
    there is a circuit for my project (i attach it) it contain a 555 timer for generating a PWM and
    a shift register to generate a six PWM for the six mosfets i connect the circuit as on the application note
    but i had a problem that the output of the(HO1,HO2,HO3)is constant voltage (is it correct??????????????)
    and the output(LO1,LO2,LO3) are correct PWM i continue connecting the circuit , when i add a dc voltage
    it seems that there is a short circuit i asked mysupervisor and a lot of peapole but no one helped me .
    i will appreciate some help from and i will not forget it please answer me at my email <snip>
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  3. SgtWookie

Jul 17, 2007
    Your circuit did not attach. That may be because it was too large, or not in an accepted format.

I suggest that you create your image in .png format; as it is compact in size and not "lossy" like .jpg files are.

Bring up your schematic diagram in the program you used to create it.
    Perform a screen print by pressing Ctrl+PrintScreen
    Start MSPaint
    Paste the image into MSPaint by pressing Ctrl+V
    Save as a type .png file
    Upload to the forum.

It's possible to synthesize 3-phase AC, but it's pretty complex. A form of PWM is used to generate the AC output. Class D amplifiers use a similar arrangement.