IR Transmitter Circuit for TSOP17xx

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by zaidpirwani, Jun 24, 2010.

1. zaidpirwani

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Hi, I am making a project and I intent to use the TSOP17xx IR receiver(picture attached), the thing is that this sensor only provides low out put when certain conditions are met, the IR transmitter should blink at a certain frequency as mentioned by the xx in the name and that IR led should also take a brief gap between those blinks.

That is, the sensor will only detect IR at a certain frequency and only if there are gaps between the blinks as well, i.e. a gap of 5 periods after every 10periods or so, as told by the datasheet, this sensor will not accept the ir input if it blinks at the desired frequency continuously.

I have to put 5 of these sensors and I don't know how to generate that special wave which is required for the transmitter IRs, I don't want to use a micro controller to generate the wave, is there any other way. currently I have sensors of 36kHz.

I have also attached the datasheet of the sensor as well. I want to use simple IR Leds as transmitters.

PLEASE HELP

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO THOSE WHO WILL HELP ME... though I will be coming back here for the response...

2. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Sorry for the delay. Maybe a pair of 555 IC , or a single 556 IC would work. The first 555 is adjusted to 36kHz by 10k pot. & is interupted by short pulses to the reset from the second 555. The .005 cap may be too small- more likly a .3-.5 uF with the 1k should give a 5 cycle gap.

3. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    I donot remember hitting submit- but there it is!!