IR remote controlled car

deepu626

Joined Feb 6, 2011
I have a doubt on my mini project which is a IR remote controlled car . I need to modify my circuits with ht12e/ht1a encoders for transmitter and ht12d/ht12f decoders for my receiver , but it became difficult for me. could you please modify my circuits or give me the circuits related to ir encoder and decoder with above ic's . the origin of my project is
http://books.google.com/books?id=MQ...=Controlling a Go-Kart,Infrared Style&f=false

I have attached my circuits .

tanx in advance

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The link you provided gives a VERY detailed instruction list on how to build the project. By your question it sounds like you are stuck at the design step, as you want to use different ICs than in the instructions. Is that right? Can you explain why you are changing the design?

deepu626

Joined Feb 6, 2011
tanx fr the reply
The ic's mentioned there are not available , so i like like to replace those ic's of encoder and decoder ,but i don't have the idea how to modify them, so please help me to change those circuits with ht12e and ht12d

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
tanx fr the reply
The ic's mentioned there are not available , so i like like to replace those ic's of encoder and decoder ,but i don't have the idea how to modify them, so please help me to change those circuits with ht12e and ht12d
Can you say why you have chosen those particular ICs? They seem to be overkill - too complex. The original project used an encoder that sends just 3 different signals, ON/OFF, left, and right. I guess that's 2 or 3 bits. Your proposed devices are 12 bit. That's OK, but maybe makes the project more challenging than it needs to be.

Anyway, the datasheets for those encoders tell far more about how to use them than anyone here will be able to.

PS: Have you looked at this:
http://www.rentron.com/remote_control/TINY-IR2.htm

Last edited:

deepu626

Joined Feb 6, 2011
tanx fr ur reply
yes, i have seen it.

.....I have ht12a and ht12d ic's along with me and i have remaining ic's which were mentioned for the above circuit.

so, i need circuits related to those ic's, with out any RF-modules

could u help me please .