IR recevier

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by robotkid249, Jul 9, 2009.

1. robotkid249

Thread Starter Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Hello, I have the IR receiver with three pins pos neg and sig, from radioshack hooked up to my arudino. It works, but if i wanted to be able to be farther away from the receiver, what IC would i use to amplify the signal from the IR receiver.

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Do you have a link to the datasheet?
    It can be that there is no possibility to amplify the signal.
    It can also be that the sensor only works in a specified frequency range, outside that range it can be not sensitive.

Greetings,
    Bertus

3. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Electronic parts sold by a real electronic parts distributor have a well-known manufacturer's name and a detailed datasheet.
    The datasheet will explain that most IR receiver ICs turn down their sensitivity when receiving continuous modulated IR since it is probably interference coming from a compact fluorescent light bulb. The datasheet will recommend certain burst lengths of modulation which is how most IR remotes work. Then the sensitivity will be very high.

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Can you post a schematic so we can see both your transmitter and your receiver circuit?

That will permit us to suggest improvement.

hgmjr

5. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
    Try a wired IR repeater circuit, thats more easier for you than looking around for a local chip's part number.. Readymade Devices are available or you could google for a circuit.. It needs no modification of your original circuit, Instead you place an IR LED infront of it with a seperate circuit.. Is also called a wired IR extender...