ir receiver module problem

lloydi12345

Joined Aug 15, 2010
I want to create an obstacle avoider mobot and I'm using this infrared receiver module. This is my schematic for the emitter

I used 120 ohms for R2 and 10uF for C1

and this is my receiver schematic:

I didn't used C1 here since I'm just testing yet, I used also LM324 instead of 2n2222.

The problem is when I start to give 5v on my receiver, it receives a pulse even if the emitter is not yet powered (the visible LED lights at random sequence). Even by just moving the breadboard it makes the visible LED light.

Another problem is when I now give a power to the emitter part, even if there's no IR LED, the receiver module still recognizes the pulse lighting the visible LED.

Can you help me here? Is this one about the electrical noise?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I answered this on another website a few minutes ago.

The 555 produces 400mA supply current spikes and needs supply bypass capacitors to filter them out.
The IR receiver IC also needs supply filtering that is shown on European datasheets but not on this Japanese datasheet.

Breadboards have many intermittent connections and long wires that pickup mains hum. Use a compact stripboard layout or a good pcb design instead.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I'm sorry for posting it again here sir, I just wanted to have more references, Thank you :D
Greetings lloyd12345,

I can appreciate your interest in seeking multiple responses to your design question.

I hope you will not let the fact that some of our members hold memberships in multiple forums prevent you from coming here with questions that you have posted on other forums.

It benefits all members of each the forums on which you post to the see answer to your question.

hgmjr