IR in proteus

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by karimC, Mar 10, 2013.

1. karimC

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    hi all,i am simulating a circuit in proteus.in my circuit i have an IR transimtter and receiver but i don't find them in the software.can you help me? plz

thanks.

ps:i also tried with multisim,but same thing.

2. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    In my proteus, there is the device "IRLINK" which is the IR transmitter and IR receiver in one package.

I have never used it before and not sure if it would work in your circuit. For simulations you can use opto-coupler to simulate the function. Attached are the devices.

Allen

Syafiq Firdaus likes this.
  3. karimC

Feb 1, 2013
    what's an optocoupler exactely?

4. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    An IR LED closely optically coupled with a photo-transistor, but isolated entirely from each other on the electricity/signal side. They are used to isolate signals from a high voltage side of a circuit from the low side. Used in switching power supplies and other applications.

Essentially, an IR Pair, but encapsulated into a 4 or 6 pin DIP package so outside light doesn't interfere.

The transistor types (rather than demodulator/gate types) approximate a discrete IR Pair fairly well.

5. karimC

Feb 1, 2013
    but i need the receiver and the transmitter to be discrete if possible.

6. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    They can be in the actual circuit. An optocoupler approximates one for simulation.