IP Identification

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I was just wondering, is there any way for us to know that from where and which IP a thread was accessed.

Like for example. How can I tell that a certain PC with a typical IP read this typical thread.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
In theory you can do this if you have access to the TCP/IP headers on the packets. Normally these headers are stripped off and discarded as the messages go up the stack on the receive end. It would be a crapload of data to go through.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The TCP/IP headers contain 32 bit IP addresses. From a list of To/From IP addresses in the packet headers you do a reverse lookup to see who the IP addresses belong to.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you go with a low tech approach that involves asking that if anyone from Maldive accesses your thread that they contact you via PM?

hgmjr

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Can you go with a low tech approach that involves asking that if anyone from Maldive accesses your thread that they contact you via PM?

hgmjr
Most of them are very unlikely to contact.
U see, what u donno abt Maldivians is that we are a very proud &^$$& bunch :mad:

I say this cause I know and I have experience. :cool:
Unlike me, most of them will never admit they donno what they donno.
they will try to do what ever they do some how, and trust me, they will and always makes things worse before asking anyone for help.
They never realize that they do not have the theoretical background on the item they are working on.
The places with which they repair stuff have all sorts of banners and bill boards saying "authorized" this and "authorized" that. But in reality they actually have no connection what so ever.
Possibly they are just resellers and vendors.
They do not get any help from abroad.

But there are few and some I know and have personally worked with. They are genuine ones and I myself can guarantee you that they r authorized.
But the problem exists in the workforce where a tech does not know the difference between a fuse and poly fuse :eek:
And there is also some that do not know from a stepper controlled diaphragm (used to inject chlorine into desalinated water in desalination plants) from a regular Motor. ( Jeeeeeeeeeeez!! this I am very very unhappy with someone)

what I am trying to say is that, we Maldivians are very different from ya'll.
And me and me alone knows how to deal with them. So I am trying to find somethings and like to know from where the threads are accessed
This way I can find out without them knowing that they are spying on me.
Believe me when I say this, that there are a some who does not like the fact that I am too good at what I do.

My moto or "mojo" here is some what like ......"if any one says that it cannot be done, I will fix it, no matter what".

Last edited: