iOS/Android

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hello All,

It's been a while since I last posted on the forum. Since last year I made a change in career and now doing software engineering work instead of electronics (finding it hard to do electronics in my spare time - still have a lot to learn in software), and it's been really hard to convince people (companies) that I could do software design.

I've now found a particular interest for mobile application development, namely for iOS (objective-C) and Android (Java), has anyone of you got any experience coding for these platforms? Please feel free to share your experience, how long it took you approximately to get started, any books you would recommend and pitfalls to avoid.

Thank you in advance.

TheFox

Joined Apr 29, 2009
Hello All,

It's been a while since I last posted on the forum. Since last year I made a change in career and now doing software engineering work instead of electronics (finding it hard to do electronics in my spare time - still have a lot to learn in software), and it's been really hard to convince people (companies) that I could do software design.

I've now found a particular interest for mobile application development, namely for iOS (objective-C) and Android (Java), has anyone of you got any experience coding for these platforms? Please feel free to share your experience, how long it took you approximately to get started, any books you would recommend and pitfalls to avoid.

Thank you in advance.
Last time I looked andriod's SDK was free, and the iOS's was 99$. Also, the andriod sdk also had support for c++, but I haven't looked into it that much.