Ion Generator Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laserever

Joined Jan 21, 2010
I'm trying to power this ion generator,

SALE! 120VAC (7.5kV Output) Negative Ion Generator-The Electronic Goldmine

With a car power inverter. The generator is simply a diode, capacitor stack... I'm pretty sure anyways...

I'm using a 75 watt inverter, since the generator is powered by straight mains.

My goal is to walk around with this setup attached and concealed. This will leave me charged up. With the flip of a switch, I want to be able to shock my friends etc... The whole idea is similar to this project:

http://www.afrotechmods.com/cheap/negativeiongenerator/pikashoe7.htm

I'm currently using two 12V lantern batteries in parallel to supply power.

Though when I power it all up... I'm not getting hardly anything from the generator. I checked the inverter's voltage, and the batteries voltage during operation, and its all sufficient, but nothing from the generator... I can't even get any good sparks from it while grounding it!

Though... here's the weird part. Whenever I'm holding the generator's output, I can touch the heatsink on the inverter... and get a nice 7000VDC zap! I can literally hold my finger 3mm away from the heatsink and get a continuous arc. Why am I getting 7K from the inverter heatsink?? The heatsink appears to be completely isolated from every other component in the circuit. I can't even get the generator to arc to Earth ground, only to the heatsink.

Note: The in-line fuse to the inverter is rated 15A...

How do I get this circuit up and running?

I really appreciate any input.

Inverter:

Lantern Batteries:

-Tyler

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That falls under part of our code of conduct -
Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions. The administration takes this matter seriously and has the right to remove any contentious content and deal with the offending member as it deems is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.