Inverter Design 12v to 400v 800w

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
Hi
this below image attached is my circuit For inverting 12v to 400v low frequency iron transformer .
my citcuit worked and converting 12 volt car battry to 420v but low amper in side 400v and mosfets Do not Heat without heatsink .
my Goal is at least 2Amp at 400v (800w ) Please guide me to COMPLETE this Circuit !:D

Attachments

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
A step up transformer lower's the amperage as it raises the voltage. So to get more amperage out of you secondary you need to put more amperage into the primary.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
I forgetting Add grounds for Mosfet in my Drawing but circuit is includeing
the grounds .
I do not KNOW my Transformer power Rating . Im find this Transformer
in around Timeworn tools market .
I CHANGE the PRIMARY wires and add center tape and increase the wire gauge
Picture of that Transformer is Below.
I "m connect 8uf (660v ac voltage ) to Voltage Doubler ac 220v mains (below image attached)
and discharge sound louder 40uf chraged Capacitor at inverteing 12v to 400v circuit ?
why? sinwave wave AC mains & inverter square wave?
I can Measure square wave with Voltmeter is ture?
sorry My English Language is not good.

Attachments

Last edited:

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
Why Do not mosfet heating (PRIMARY Transformer Resistence = 0.3 ohm)(12/0.3=40 AMPER ! ). Driver of Mosfets is Ture ? Amplifier of signal is impotant or no important . I Makeing newTansformer ( PRIMARY wires = 1.5mm) What is out put Current at 12v of 4047 IC ? replacing of Mosfet with BJT or IGBT IS HELPING?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Your little transformer is the size of a 20W one, not 800W. Its core will saturate at high power.

Texas Instruments has current graphs on their datasheets of Cmos logic ICs. Their datasheet for the CD4047 shows a typical output current of 9mA with a 2V loss when the supply is 12V.

Your voltmeter must be a "True RMS" type to measure a squarewave. It might be wrong at 200Hz.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
No.
A simple voltmeter is calibrated to measure the voltage a 50Hz or 60Hz sinewave, not a lower or higher frequency squarewave. Simply calculate the peak voltage instead.

I never heard of a "zvs converter". A full-wave rectifier produces half the ripple of a half-wave rectifier.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
ZVS = Zero Volt Switching; this avoids power losses in the transistors/MOSFETs when turning them off.

Why do you need such a high voltage output, and at 800 Watts? I hope that you are aware that human contact with the output of the supply will most likely result in severe injury or death?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
OP is a n00b with a hopeless mission in his mind.
OP is trying to get power from batteries due to regular power cut. I would say OP is from somewhere in India. And he has little or no knowledge about power electronics.

After reading and seeing diagrams fro the net OP is thinking he can put together an inverter just like that.

Sigh ! Young minds on a venture.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
OP is a n00b with a hopeless mission in his mind.
OP is trying to get power from batteries due to regular power cut. I would say OP is from somewhere in India. And he has little or no knowledge about power electronics.

After reading and seeing diagrams fro the net OP is thinking he can put together an inverter just like that.

Sigh ! Young minds on a venture.
How your means ?
clear SPEAKING PLEASE!:confused:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
What will this inverter be used for, i.e. what is the load?

What Rifaa means is that you some better planning to develop your inverter.

People spend years to develop a reliable product.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Ok, I'm confused now.

In the first post you are talking about a square wave converter from 12V to 400V.

Then some posts later there is a 220VAC mains voltage doubler...

Where is the link between both?

If you just said what this project is for it may be easier to help you. Just charging and discharging a capacitor can't be the purpose.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
Ok, I'm confused now.

In the first post you are talking about a square wave converter from 12V to 400V.

Then some posts later there is a 220VAC mains voltage doubler...

Where is the link between both?

If you just said what this project is for it may be easier to help you. Just charging and discharging a capacitor can't be the purpose.
FOR Plasma ARC Generation :D

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
different?
The forum doesn't work very well if you post every time only a single word or phrase.

You didn't answer my questions.

Also, It is not important to us what the final product will be.

Important is: Input/output voltages, frequencies, dynamic behaviour, etc of a circuit.

So again, what exactly do you want? An AC mains voltage doubler or a 12V to 400V converter? What output current?

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
Hello praondevou and shortbus Senior Members .
in past I tell the sound discrepancy of (8uf cap charged by An AC mains voltage doubler ) against (40 uf charged cap by my inverter 12 to 400v circuit) .
Do not any linkage of two circuit !
Finaly, I'm useing this inverter for drastic plasma Ignition kit in automotive engines.
( Plasma+CDI )

Status
Not open for further replies.