inverter circuit diagram 12v, 500w

zachhaeus

Joined Jun 21, 2008
sir, pleases, send to me the simple diagram of inverter. sir i wiil be expecting the reply from you sir. thanks, god bless you.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Let's face it. There are just some things in life a person can't do without. Air for instance. Good entertainment is another.

Near the top of the list is a circuit diagram for a mid-range inverter!:p

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Standard set of questions to be answered before anyone can seriously help, is this going to be used for audio or video, or power tools?

Frequency, we have no clue where you live, and what you're standards are. While I'm thinking of it voltage would also help, same reason.

I keep saying, these are prime canidates for a cookbook, someone asks, you point, along with the standard disclaimers and notices of personal injury being possible.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
But is it really worth the hassle of designing and building an inverter these days? I can buy a 1kW modified sine wave inverter for about £40 including delivery from Hong Kong. I certainly couldn't build one for that.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I want half the people on the internet to send me $1. No, scratch that - the dollar sucks these days... I want half the people on the internet to send me a Euro.

I just Googled "500 watt inverter" and found a $20.00 modified sine wave unit for 12V.

Granted, such items might be prohibitively expensive to ship to certain parts of the planet.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
No it doesn't. Look at www.aaroncake.net and see hundreds of complaints:
1) Its capacitors have backwards polarity so they blow up.
2) Its transistors have a max allowed reverse base voltage of 7V but the capacitors charge (backwards) to 23V then drive the base of each transistor to avalancehe breakdown which causes a very high current in the capacitors and blows them up even if their polarity is corrected.
3) The transistors have hardly any base current for an inverter.
The circuit is way too simple for a square-wave inverter. It is the laugh of the internet.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
To me the transformer is the thing, nothing else. The rest of the components can be paralleled if need be, including the wire. I suppose you could parallel the transformer too. To answer the OP question, I'll link some other plans here and here.

You should read how the author of this site feels about 1000W inverters.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
When we get the cookbook active I might try building a few (or find a couple of recommended tried designs) and put them up. That way when someone asks we just point. It's what the public seems to want...