Interrupt in pic16f877

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
If you are using assembler go to your "program files/microchip/MPASM suite/template/code" folder and you should find the basics. All you need to do then is enable the interrupt and handle it.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
hi
I need to handle software interrupt, i am using mplab
That tells us precisely nothing.

MPLAB is an IDE (integrated development environment) and can be used with many many different programming languages and compiler versions. Saying you use mplab is like saying you use a pencil and paper, it does not tell us what compiler you are writing your code for or even what programming language you are using.

If you are writing in assembler take a look at http://www.gooligum.com.au/tut_midrange.html. Section 6 has a good tutorial on interrupts.

If you are writing in a high level language then you will have to refer to your compiler documentation to find out how the compiler handles interrupts. Each compiler does it differently so do read the documentation.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
hi
I need to handle software interrupt, i am using mplab
You did not answer one question of and the questions asked to you. People are spending their valuable time trying to help you yet you put no effort at all into helping them help you.

Why should anyone continue to try to help if you refuse to help yourself?