Internet withdrawal

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It was terrible, my FIOS was down for several days. NO INTERNET! ARGGG!

Of course, I read a book. My boy didn't fair so well. :D

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
A book - what's that?

:D

Seriously, I love getting away from the computer, sadly I don't do it very often because I spend my working life on the damn things! Mobile phones is the one I can do without.

Dave

Geir

Joined Jul 28, 2008
A book - what's that?

:D

Dave
I've heard spoken of such a thing, but I've never actually seen one... Thus I've dismissed it as an urban legend.

I seriously think I'd loose it if I lost connection to Internet. I worked as a sys. admin for 7 years, prior to a career change, and the connection is addictive.

-Geir

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Ever read the David Webber series such as Honor Harrington? He tends towards thick.

Besides, there was overtime at work, the yard, the house. There is always something to do, but here I sit, in front of the computer getting chubbier and chubbier.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
Fate has forced me away from my pc and internet and here i happen to be frequenting a gym :).

Still far away from books though, it would be a long time before I even think about reading one.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Good to hear from you recca, hope the move is going well :)

Mind you, I'd probably read before I went to the gym :D :p

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
Got a little chubbier in the last couple of years, (a common phenomenon for all net addicts) had to get my tummy in shape. Can't do that with a book now, can you :p

And here i am on a PC next to the gym (quite some thought put in by the HR).

Life sure is boring without net. So I now devote a large amount of my free time playing table tennis.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Got a little chubbier in the last couple of years, (a common phenomenon for all net addicts) had to get my tummy in shape. Can't do that with a book now, can you :p
Hehe, I've managed to avoid weight gain for the time being. As for the book, it depends how heavy it is!

And here i am on a PC next to the gym (quite some thought put in by the HR).
I don't know whether I'm impressed or shocked!

Good news for you, none-the-less.

Life sure is boring without net. So I now devote a large amount of my free time playing table tennis.
So we'll see you at London 2012 will we! ;)

Dave

ritajones

Joined Aug 28, 2008
I've managed to avoid gaining weight too since I became addicted to the net about a year ago. I guess part of it is because I'm young, but I'm also pretty active and I eat healthy.