International modul

Danispndd8140hm8

Joined Oct 28, 2014
Hey
I’m on an It technology education i Denmark.
we are having a International module with in cloud some kind of an international aspect.

This forum hopefully is going to be my aspect.

Now my project and problem. Where i need your help.

I’m making a ultrasound system:
I already made one with a transmitter and receiver.
But my problem is that i only have 30cm of range and i would like to have 8-10 meter.

What i would like you to do is to guide me on what needs to be done for achieve my goals.
(30cm to 8-10meters range)

Best regards
Michael (Denmark)
It technology student

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Hello Danis and welcome to AAC.

Since you have fixed circuitry and transducers, and therefore energy available, I suggest to look to focusing the ultrasound mechanically.

Danispndd8140hm8

Joined Oct 28, 2014
I have just tryed those circuit and nothing is fixed if you have a better solution to fix my problem. Materials is not a problem :)

I'd tryed to adjust the RP for a better peak signal. didn't help me much.

what do you mean focusing the ultrasound mechanically.?

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
What happens in a spotlight or electric torch?
Why do satellite TV aerials and radio telescopes like Jodrell Bank have huge dishes?
Have you ever seen parabolic microphone?

What is the spatial distribution of the sound output from the transmitter and the sensitivity of the receiver?
These are usually shown as a polar plot.

I am answering in this fashion because it is forum policy to help you do your coursework/homework yourself, not to do it for you.

Danispndd8140hm8

Joined Oct 28, 2014
Okay got it.
If we look away from making a parabol for my little remote.

i have some ideas my self on the circuit.
what about a up amp or a transistor or boost controler?

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
So questions to ask and note down when you write your project report

Should you boost your transmitter or receiver or both?

The 555 in your transmitter has limited drive ability. This can easily be increased by using further transistors or another op amp.
However you need to check that you do not exceed the handling capacity of your transducer.
Also if it is voltage driven is your power rail high enough to accommodate a bigger signal?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The LM324 has a poor frequency response. A higher-bandwidth opamp would improve sensitivity.
What is the value of R6?

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
the transducers are rated at 50 kHz, the lm324 should handle that. they are pretty narrow banded, did you check that they are on the same fequency?