Interference of LCD in a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

keimic

Joined Sep 29, 2010
I am trying to fit a 16x2 character LCD in a dashboard of a car and drive this LCD using the PIC16F877. The LCD works fine and displays all the menus according to the switches pressed while the engine is not running. When I start the engine the LCD freaks and starts displaying various characters which don't make any sense. I am using a 7805 Regulator to drop the voltage from +12V to +5V and all supplies are taken directly from the battery. Also I made a suppressor from the coil +ve terminal to ground because I thought it would solve the problem of interference but it remained the same. Does anyone have any hint how to solve this??

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Please see the Terms of Service (links to the TOS are at the bottom of every page), section 6, which reads:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    [*]Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
Since your project is installed in an automotive environment, your topic will be closed when a Moderator sees it.

Sorry, but rules are rules - and the rules are not open to debate/discussion.

There is a partial list of other sites where you might get support for your project on this thread:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Status
Not open for further replies.