interfacing Z8F082 to pc using rs-232

WAN24

Joined Jun 27, 2006
gud day sir/mam!!

i trying to learn how to interface z8F062 microcontroller to a pc using RS-232.. and i also want to plot the gathered data (a continous electronic signal) in matlab... do you have any sample programs or any ideas how can i start?

thank you in advance..

nanovate

Joined May 7, 2007
The Zilog Z8F08x family have UARTs so you just need a MAX232E or some other type of RS232 chip.

Look at Zilog's documentation for the Dev kits. If I remember correctly they should have full schematics of the RS232 interface.

Once you have that set-up then you have to write the software on both the host PC and the micro.

WAN24

Joined Jun 27, 2006
i already finished the first step... i already built the circuit for the microcontroller and also for the RS-232... im having a problem on communication between the ucontroller and the pc... i connected the ucontroller to the hyperterminal of the pc... do you have any sample programs for the interfacing of my ucontroller to the hyperterminal of the pc... also, still cant find a sample program for plotting the continous electronic signal in matlab.... if you have any... please help... thank you in advance....