Interfacing with a slot machine

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Jotto, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Jotto

Thread Starter Member

Apr 1, 2011
    I am working on a circuit that will interface with the slot machine, we use what is called Senet, or Netplex. I am going to use the Senet portion since I have a slot to use.

I have power +13, +25vdc, three grounds all common to each other. Clock, address, senet Rec A, senet Tx A, senet Tx B, senet STB and senet Reset. Have ample power available. The power supplies we use are overrated for the basic machine, since it has the ability to add devices to the basic machine.

I am building a counter that is already in the machine, but in a bigger display. I don't need the 25vdc, just the 13vdc in the unit. I will be using all the other signals since that is what is needed to run the display I am designing.
    Senet STB is a strobed input which used to increment the display, and other devices in the game. This is a pretty small circuit, approximately 10 ICs, display is 7 segment.

My question is should I isolate the STB to prevent any type of interference with the existing equipment. If I do that what type of circuit should I use? I can't post the circuit that I am interfacing with because of agreement between the main company and my company. I would be willing to post what I have designed but not quite sure how to accomplish this, its not just copy and paste. I have it in LT Spice, which I am looking to purchase, but can't find anything for purchasing the software.

I tired another program, but Spice rocks. I like I can design my own components and its not that difficult.

My understanding that most programs like this are free as long as you don't venture into design with the intent of making a profit. Is that the case with LT Spice?

Thanks in advance, Jim

2. Jotto

Thread Starter Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Ok, I have it solved. sweet little project this turned out to be, from start to finish took me 3 days, of course its just a mock up right now.

I still need to find out about the software, so I will email the company concerning this matter.

3. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    If you can get it to hit the jackpot I'll help with that code!

4. Jotto

Thread Starter Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Of course I can get it to hit the jackpot, but the question is will I. I know your joking, at least I hope ????? I get it all the time.

You can probably see some code out there, if you want some code I can send it to you. Now realize your not getting code for new machines, this would be like the S+ reel slot, PE+ Video slot. I am sure some code is out there for free also, but don't get involved with any new code, its all protected and you don't want the trouble.

Mine is a addition to the slot which isn't being manufactured at this time. This can be used on all manufactures games, but I am currently on the design of IGT interface. They are the most used machine currently on the market.

We do sit around and talk about it though. Remember one time my boss wanted to bring in a run from a bank controller to help make troubleshooting of the tracking system easier for me. I said yep we bring a machine from the floor, techs power it up and get credits on it then print out a ticket for their friends to cash. An wouldn't you know a week or so later one of the other properties within our company got busted just for that. I would really like to have had it, but I also knew the techs would be tempted.

Even though I retire a machine, it takes till 3 in the morning for the retirement of the machine to take effect. Few techs in on the scam is all it takes, but its not worth it for the fraction of money you get verse time in jail.