interfacing micro-controller with vb 5

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by zhenhan82, Sep 16, 2007.

1. zhenhan82

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Dear all,

i have a problem that i couldn't solve! i am on a school project related to vb interfacing with micro-controller. the idea is, in my vb program, there will be a few button, on click, it will run some peripherals controlled by the micro-controller(Renesas H8S/2377). so in the embedded C program i have a switch case, for example, 1 to run printer peripheral, 2 to run motor..

the issue now is when i do not know how to write the send n receive part. it seems that the vb side sends a character "1" to micro-controller but it does not activate any peripherals. perhaps it couldnt read the character sent..

Can someone advise me on this problem..
    Thanks a million!

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Can you post a schematic of the microcontroller portion of project?

It would also be helpful if you could post the source code of the program running on the microcontroller or at least a flowchart of the program.

hgmjr

3. zhenhan82

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    for this school project. there is a few peripherals that the microcontroller has to control and all these peripherals codes has already been written and is running well.

the issue here is i need to put it in switch case such as case "1" run printer, case "2" run motor etc...

but for whatever reason, whenever i click on the button in the vb program. it wont work.

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Please do not post duplicate threads.

Thanks,
    hgmjr