Interface Temperature Sensor to ADC

circuit4pcb

Joined Feb 4, 2013
I would like some help interfacing LM35D temperature sensor to an ADC. I need the temperature reading to be from -40C to 180C. Please ingnore the fact it is only is rated to 150C. It appears from fingure 2 on the datasheet that all i need to do is put a pull down resistor at the output (with negative voltage) and then the calculation for the resistor will be R=-Vs/50uA. The range for the ADC is 0-2.5V.

Now the problem I have is I do not have a negative voltage available. All I have is 2.5 and 5 Volts. How else can I get measure between -40 and 180C? My other alternative is to use AD590.

http://www.biltek.tubitak.gov.tr/gelisim/elektronik/dosyalar/5/LM35.pdf

Thanks

circuit4pcb

Joined Feb 4, 2013
I am unsure how to do this. Every example in the datasheet claims 10mV per kelvin. I am still not real clear on this issue. please help

Thanks

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
I am unsure how to do this. Every example in the datasheet claims 10mV per kelvin. I am still not real clear on this issue. please help

Thanks
To convert Kelvin to Centigrade subtract 273', so 273K = 0C

the sensor at 0C will give out 2.73V, and -40C will be 2.33V , so if you put it into your A/D just alter the programme or Ref voltage to strip off 273,