Interesting poll from The Engineer ... UK

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Evolution is easy to talk about but you have to remember that birth control pills didn't exist for the first 9950 of your 10k years.
Actually the concept of contraception and its active use has been around for thousands of years now. Just not as wee see it today in nice neat little pills, shots or implants. :rolleyes:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
It could have easily been the women that were the hunters and the men that were the caretakers
Not really. Given the choice us guys will always take the easier task even if it is potentially more dangerous.
We made the choice and that's why the women stayed home with the kids. :rolleyes:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I do oppose quotas, employment quotas, and I readily agree the best should be hired.

If the labor pool is large, the companies can pick and choose from the applicants. The political problem is EEOC wants it to reflect society and uses the full force of the government to enforce the political will of the Congress.

The employer must have their shit in one sock and cash to fight it. A minimum wage offering (lower end of the scale) is more palatable then fighting with the government. From there, you can do the evaluation on a plethora of subjects and terminate for poor performance.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
Penguins are not mammals and, therefore, do not have mammary glands. Moms and dads are interchangeable once the egg is expelled in their case. Thanks for the comparison and the good laugh. My wife liked it too.
Ah - now I see your point. Both a valid point and a constructive post. Thanks. A mammalian example are lions. Lioness' usually do the hunting because they are more agile and don't overheat as easily as the males do. The males usually take over the kill shortly after its made and then share the kill with the cubs. It seems the hunter/gather roles there are reversed from the typical mammal.

Even so, I'm struggling to see what this has to do with my point that I believe women in first-world christian countries have just recently started working and being providers in their families and that I see the role going back to more traditional means in my circle of friends.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
Not really. Given the choice us guys will always take the easier task even if it is potentially more dangerous.
We made the choice and that's why the women stayed home with the kids. :rolleyes:
I don't know. I wouldn't say going into engineering is the easier path. It's very complex and takes years to become accomplished. Hunting is the same way. Knowing where the prey is and how to catch the prey are difficult tasks. I know, because there were tons of 'hunters' at my last job that would go on hunts, freeze their asses off in February in the Colorado mountains, only to return with nothing. :D:D:p:D:D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
The way I look at it is like when I had to deal with my Ex.
She would complain about how I didn't do anything and never contributed yet when I pointed out that I would happily trade chores, financial responsibilities, general home maintenance and anything else I did for what she did (cooking and cleaning because she didn't like how I did it) she would shut up immediately. :p

Kinda odd how my lifestyle and responsibilities wern't worth crap yet when given the opportunity to trade it never ever happened. Well, it did once. It lasted about 2 days then that was the end of it. :D