Intercom circuit using lm386

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by BershaM, Apr 25, 2012.

1. BershaM

Thread Starter Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Hello , I've made this intercom circuit and it works just fine, however, i want to make it wireless but i don't know how , any ideas ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. BershaM

Thread Starter Member

Aug 22, 2011
    At least guide me to basic idea about making it wireless , do i use infra transmitter ? or RF ?

3. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    That is a duplex design so you would need to use to two transmitters and receivers on separate frequencies. If you want other than line-of-sight then it would need to be RF.

BershaM likes this.
  4. BershaM

Thread Starter Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Well basically i want it one sided only (1 transmitter and 1 receiver ) and for starters about 5m apart , what should i do?

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Do you mean you want to talk in only one direction?

Is the 5 meters distance, line-of sight?

6. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    How does your intercom prevent acoustical feedback howling?
    Most cheap intercoms use "press button to talk" or half-duplex "voice switching" to avoid feedback.

7. BershaM

Thread Starter Member

Aug 22, 2011
    exactly , iam not going to make this circuit it is just for educational purpose, i know it should be 2 sided but i just want the main idea of making such a circuit wireless, i don't have enough basics to do it on my own that's why i'am here :)

come to think of it i want it both sided :D and in line of sight

I think the gain isn't so high so the chances of acoustical feedback is low, and if it happens i'll lower the volume and keep the mic and speaker away from each other.