Interacing level sensor in boiler with plc

dhothar

Joined Dec 15, 2011
HI EVERYONE
I M DOING MY FINAL YEAR PROJECT ND I NEED UR HELP
I HAVE ATTATCHED file of MY IDEA OF LEVEL TRANSMITTER FOR BOILER.. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THAT.......... HOW can i send signal from level indicator to 8951 to see water level on lcd and at the same time to plc for controlling level..................
any kind of help but to the point will help me...

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You really need to provide more information, evidence of your own work towards your goal, and ask more specific questions. It's just too hard to know where to begin otherwise.

Working on a boiler can involve huge risks, and any discussion would often violate the TOS for this site. From what you have said so far, I can't tell if you're doing anything dangerous. But the mere fact that you mentioned "boiler" and then made it clear you have little experience in the area, makes me quite nervous. It's like a 12-year-old asking how to take apart a grenade. Few here would jump to offer such advice.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Waitaminute. I thought boilers were supposed to be full at all times, no exceptions. Were I wrong?
I don't know for sure, but I thought that boilers need to be about half full. They turn water into steam. water needs an atmosphere to expand into, to turn into steam. if it was totally full, it would just be a vat of superheated water.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
what "carbon cells"? Do you have a link or something? or you just using chunks of carbon material? can you put this little idea into a drawing format? I'm thinking you are talking about 8 seperate digital signals, and not an analog signal?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I don't know for sure, but I thought that boilers need to be about half full. They turn water into steam. water needs an atmosphere to expand into, to turn into steam. if it was totally full, it would just be a vat of superheated water.
I guess it depends on the application. A bathroom water heater doesn't need steam. A steam engine must have steam to operate.

Like I said, I 'm almost sure that house water heater boilers must be full at all times and never reach boiling temperature.