Intelligent Grounding System

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
If one could calculate the approximate rate of water diffusing through soil, one could incorporate PID control into the design. Probably overkill, but the sales team would love it.

DreamTheater

Joined Jul 2, 2008
Does it have to use a micro controller? I think it would be easier to use op-amps, that way you could adjust the time more easily, and it's a lot easier to design. It would be cheaper to build as well because micro controllers are expensive.

How big will your table be? I would have thought that about 5 ranges would be enough - e.g.

1. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 00 minutes
  2. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 10 minutes
  3. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 20 minutes
  4. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 40 minutes
  5. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 60 minutes
So do you think 5 ranges would be OK?

It would probably cost you around $20 to make excluding the power supply and motor.

DreamTheater

Joined Jul 2, 2008
Does it have to use a micro controller? I think it would be easier to use op-amps, that way you could adjust the time more easily, and it's a lot easier to design. It would be cheaper to build as well because micro controllers are expensive.

How big will your table be? I would have thought that about 5 ranges would be enough - e.g.

1. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 00 minutes
  2. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 10 minutes
  3. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 20 minutes
  4. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 40 minutes
  5. between soil resistance between * and * water on for 60 minutes
So do you think 5 ranges would be OK?

It would probably cost you around $20 to make excluding the power supply and motor.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
if the system is working correctly, the ground will never reach the higher resistance ranges.

Would "Water on for x minutes" override the actual resistance reading coming back from the probes?

DreamTheater

Joined Jul 2, 2008
Oh damn.... why am i so dumb.... i always miss out some points! it make sense wat u said... i hate tis... i need a design n i hv to stick to it
but there always seem to be flaws in wat i design.... i need to start off my experimental works