Intel 8751H mcu

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by aliyesami, Sep 12, 2009.

1. aliyesami

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    does anyone know if Intel still makes this (8751H) microcontroller ??
    if yes where can i find it since I couldnt find it in any big stores including digikey and jameco .
    Iam also looking for a pin replacement for 8751H with UV or EEPROM .
    and not OTP.

thanks
    Sami
    Florida

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I believe that Intel stopped manufacturing the 8051 line almost 20 years ago. I might have some 8751FA parts with the quartz window. How does $100/ea grab ya?

3. aliyesami

Sep 12, 2009
    well I found 8751 at Jameco for $14 .

now iam confused , I doubt Jameco would be selling 20 years old part .
    anyone else knows about this chip ?

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  5. aliyesami

Sep 12, 2009
    Thank you been there .. I have the data sheet .. iam looking for answer to if Intel still manufacture these chips or the shops are selling 20 years old chips .. some one must know the answer.

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Ask yourself this question. Can you find the 8751 datasheet on the Intel website? The ones that are still available may not be Intel parts, they may be from numerous second sources like Atmel, Philips, Dallas and so on. I'm telling you Intel quit manufacturing them almost 20 years ago.

That datasheet from the website listed above is dated October 1993.

7. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Alas the chips may be counterfeit.

hgmjr

8. aliyesami

Sep 12, 2009
    Iam sorry I didnt made myself clear. I am not interested in particularly Intel chip , does anyone else makes this chip other than Intel ? also that chip should be user programable and not one time .

9. aliyesami

Sep 12, 2009
    I found another chip compatible to 8051 from Maxim but the datasheet is confusing me since it says its one time user programmable with an UV window to erase it, which is not making sense to me since why give the option to erase it if its one time programmable ??

EPROM PROGRAMMING​
    The DS87C520 follows standards for a 16kB EPROM version in the 8051 family. It is available in a UVerasable,
    ceramic-windowed package and in plastic packages for one-time user-programmable versions.
    The part has unique signature information so programmers can support its specific EPROM options.​
    ROM-specific features are described later in this data sheet.

10. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    The chips are the same in either case. An OTP (One Time Programmable) is just an erasable chip in an opaque plastic package. The erasable version comes in a ceramic package with a quartz window. The ceramic packages are always more expensive than the plastic by a factor of two or three.

11. aliyesami

Sep 12, 2009
    why is it called "One time " ? can I program it many times ?

12. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    One time = one time programmable, there may be a special version that UV erasable. Why use such a relic of an IC?

13. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You could program an OTP many times IF, there was a way for the UV light required for erasure, to penetrate the OPAQUE plastic package. Are you actually unaware of the meanings of the words that you read in the preceeding paragraphs.