integrate in excel

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Anybody knows how to obtain a graph integrating this signal in EXCEL? The same I would get passing it through an Opamp integrator...

I read some tutorials, but seriously, I don't get it, maybe because they are not adapted to electronics?

Thanks

Attachments

HonT

Joined Oct 25, 2012
Anybody knows how to obtain a graph integrating this signal in EXCEL? The same I would get passing it through an Opamp integrator...

I read some tutorials, but seriously, I don't get it, maybe because they are not adapted to electronics?

Thanks

Can you also attach the excel file? I'll see what can be done.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
To the best of my knowledge, Excel has no direct integration capability. Instead, what you would need to do is integrate the function numerically by breaking it into many small pieces (the more the better, though for some function you can get sufficiently good results with surprisingly few), calculate the area of each, and then sum them together.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
just use Riemann Sum, this is how integrals are defined. in this case i used right sum but about the same result is obtained using left sum (if dx is very small they become same). if you are picky, use midpoint or trapezoid.

integral is lim of f(x)*dx where dx-->0

if dx is not small (like in my example where x is incremented in larger steps) you get good approximation rather than exact integral. your data series has a lot of samples so your results will be even better. you will have to change what your dx or dt is to get meaningful result (otherwise you will get something that looks like integral but it is scaled wrong in y direction).

Attachments

Last edited: