Instrumentation and Control

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by JTSU, Mar 27, 2015.

1. JTSU

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Hi, I'm stuck on a question and cant seem to find any help online, The question concerns this operational amplifier. I have to calculate the required component values to get the Vout that is shown on the image. Unfortunately I cannot find any of the equations in any of the textbooks or in my notes as I missed this lecture, any help would be great thanks, I really cant attempt this question as i have no idea where to start :(

[​IMG]

2. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
    hi,
    Look at this image of an Integrator circuit.
    E

3. JTSU

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 27, 2015
    I'm not really sure what to make of the image, I can calculate the Vout if i had the component values but I can't seem to backtrack and do it in the reverse order

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    If I tell you that the solution is not unique does that help? That means there are a countable infinity of RC pairs that satisfy the requirement.

5. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
    I expect during the missed lesson the teacher would have suggested a typical value for R.

You know that 18 = 1/[R * C], why not try R1 = 10K or 100K and see what values of C result.
    Did the teacher give any idea of the Vin or the t0 , t1 times so that you could calc Vout.?

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Actually 1% resistors are way more common than 1% capacitors. I'd select a generic NPO capacitor in the .1 ufd to 1 ufd range and then use the nearest 1% resistor.